“What’s Your Shoe Fetish?” Contest
$2000 IN PRIZES
This Contest is sponsored by Browns Shoes Inc. 2255 Cohen, St. Laurent, Québec H4R 2N7 (the “Sponsor”). No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “What’s Your Shoe Fetish? Contest” (the “Contest”) begins on May 8th, 2015 at 10:00 AM (EST) and runs until May 30th, 2015 at 11:59 PM (EST). All monetary amounts herein are calculated in CDN dollars.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who are the legal age of majority in the province of which they reside in. Directors, officers, agents and employees of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, promotional agencies and immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) living in the same household, are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree to be bound by and accept the terms and conditions of these official rules (the “Rules”).
There will be ten (10) $100 gift cards awarded during the contest and a grand prize of a $1000 Browns Shoes gift card.
HOW TO ENTER
Upload a photo to Instagram or Twitter featuring Browns Shoes that represents your sense of style and your obsession with shoes with the hashtag #BrownsObsession and @BrownSshoes. Need not be present to win. Multiple entries allowed. Entries must be received by contest ending date. You agree that by entering the contest, the Sponsor(s) may use contact information you provide for marketing purposes and to contact you regarding the contest in accordance with applicable law. All entries become the property of the sponsor(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
To enter with an Instagram or Twitter Account: To enter, an entrant must be a registered user of Instagram or Twitter. If an entrant is not a registered user of these sites, the entrant must visit http://instagram.com/ or http://twitter.com to register for free and download the free mobile application. Registration for and use of the Instagram or Twitter platforms are subject to their terms and conditions and Browns Shoes has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. Once a registered user, entrants must showcase their sense of style by uploading a photo and including the hashtag #BrownsObsession and @BrownsShoes in the caption or tweet. Entries must be submitted in the formats accepted on Instagram or Twitter and must be created solely by each entrant.
In order for your entry to be validated, your Instagram profile settings must be public. Images submitted via Twitter must be submitted through Twitter directly and not via third-party image hosting services.
Notices and rules for Instagram and Twitter participants:
- Instagram and Twitter are third party corporations and have not sponsored or endorsed Browns Shoes, or this sweepstakes, and are not otherwise affiliated or associated with Browns Shoes or this sweepstakes. Creating accounts on Instagram and Twitter is free. However, Instagram and Twitter have their own respective terms and conditions that apply to any users of their products and services.<.li>
- By uploading your photo via Instagram or Twitter you agree that your entry conforms to the Photo Guidelines (defined below) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to the post guidelines below.
- Your post must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Your post must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- Your post must not contain images, artwork or other information that personally identifies the entrant or any other person;
- Your post must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise questionable. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content;
- Your post must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Your post must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any federal laws or regulations.
The random draw will be held electronically will take place on June 2nd 2015 at 11:00 am EST in the presence of witnesses at Browns Shoes Inc. 2255 Cohen, St. Laurent, Québec H4R 2N7.
WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS
Winner will be notified via Instagram or Twitter within 1 business day of their win. If the winner cannot be reached or does not claim the prize after 2 business days, from the date the Sponsor(s) first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The winner will have to answer a skill testing question correctly, without any help and in a limited time.
ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION
No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor(s), in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- No correspondence pertaining to this contest will be entered into except with potential winners. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any on line errors for this contest.
- By entering this contest, participants agree that they have not purchased Internet services for the purpose of entering this Contest. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the promotion and/or prevent others from utilizing the promotion, as prohibited by law.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any failure of the www.BrownsShoes.com website during the promotion of this contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or e-mail failure. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor or any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Under no circumstances shall the Sponsor be liable for any losses or damages from the use of or reliance on, the information or use of the website. The Sponsor makes no warranty or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timelines or completeness of the information or that the information may be relied upon for any reason. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all prizes. By claiming a prize, winners agree to assume all risks and agree that the prize is awarded upon the condition that each of the Entities will have NO liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or other damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize or from winner’s participation in this Contest. Where a publicity Contest is cancelled or changes are made thereto after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act has been filed with the board, the person for whom the publicity contest is carried on must immediately notify the board (Régie) thereof in writing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the person may not cancel or make any change in a publicity contest from the time it is publicly launched unless the board (Régie) so authorizes on the basis of proof of superior force, or where the board is of the opinion that the public will not be adversely affected.
- All expenses related to the receipt and use of the prizes including travel, surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial and local), incidentals if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor denies any liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this contest or the prize.
- In addition to all of the foregoing conditions, the selected winner (and their legal guardian or parent, where applicable), in order to be eligible to receive their prize, must sign a declaration of eligibility, license and release, all in the forms required by The Sponsor within 5 business days of their win.
- Any selected person who fails to meet the terms set forth in these rules will be disqualified. Should any of the winners be disqualified for any reason, alternate winners will be selected at the sole discretion of The Sponsor.
- For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des Alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.