Win a trip for two to ViennaThis contest is open only to residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
The contest is sponsored and administered by Browns Shoes Inc., or one of their affiliates. Browns and any co-sponsors are referred to collectively or individually as the “sponsor” Although the contest may be communicated or promoted by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “third party service”) the contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the third party service; any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the contest should be directed to browns shoes and not to any third party service.
1. KEY DATES:The contest starts on September 1st, 2017at 8:00 a.m. EST and ends on September 30th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “contest period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER:Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry.
3. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES:By participating in this contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these official rules and regulations (the “rules”).
4. HOW TO ENTER:No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
Making a purchase will not in any way whatsoever increase or otherwise impact your chances of winning. There are two (2) ways to enter the contest, as follows:
i) Go to BrownsShoes.com and complete the entry form available by clicking on contest banners, buttons or links, during the contest period.
ii) alternatively, print your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address and e-mail on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) to: 2255 Cohen, Saint Laurent, Quebec, H4R 2N7 (the “request”). Upon receipt of your request in accordance with these rules, you will receive one (1) entry in the contest per unique and original request per envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. To be eligible, any request you submit must: (i) be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. Multiple requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked during the contest period and received before the draw date (as defined below in rule 10).
To be eligible, all content and materials associated with your entry (regardless of the method of entry) (collectively, the “entry materials”) must: (i) be submitted and received in accordance with these rules; (ii) include all required components and materials noted above; (iii) be in accordance with these rules, including, but not limited to, the specific submission requirements listed below in rule 7.
5. ENTRY CONDITIONS:There is a limit of one entry per person/email address/ mailing address. If it is discovered by the sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, email addresses, accounts, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with the sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor.
The contest parties, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “released parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries, requests and/or entry materials (all of which are void). An entry may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor: (i) the entry (including, but not limited to, any associated entry materials) is not submitted and received in accordance with these rules; and/or (ii) the entry materials accompanying the entry are not in compliance with these rules (including, but not limited to, the specific submission requirements listed below in rule 7).
By participating in the contest, the winners accept that his or her entry, name, place of residence, voice and image can be used for promotional purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) for this contest, without any other form of remuneration than the prize awarded.
6. VERIFICATION:All entries, requests, entry materials and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry, request, entry materials and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with the sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the sponsor within the timeline specified by the sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the sponsor.
7. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:By submitting an entry/request, you agree that the entry/request (and each individual component thereof – including, without limitation, the entry materials) complies with all conditions stated in these rules. The released parties will bear no liability whatsoever regarding: (i) the use of your entry/request (or any component thereof – including, without limitation, the entry materials); (ii) participation in any contest-related activities; (iii) any use, collection, storage and disclosure of any personal information; and/or (iv) if declared the winner, any prize (including any use or misuse of the prize).
By participating in the contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any entry materials he/she submits:
i. Is/are original to him/her and that the entrant has obtained all necessary rights in and to the entry materials for the purposes of entering such entry materials in the contest;
ii. Does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. Does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
iv. Will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
v. Is/are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of sponsor); that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of sponsor; any unauthorized identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of sponsor (e.g. Any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your entry materials must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained --- note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The sponsor and/or its promotional agency or designated content moderator (the “reviewer”) reserves the right to screen all entry materials. Any entry materials that the reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these rules are subject to disqualification. The reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to remove any entry materials (or any part thereof) and/or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her entry materials (or any part thereof) in order to ensure that the entry materials comply with these rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the contest, then the sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the entry materials (and therefore the corresponding entry and/or the associated entrant) – to help ensure that the contest is being conducted in accordance with the sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these rules.
8. LICENSE:By entering the contest and submitting an entry, each entrant: (i) as applicable, grants to the sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her entry materials (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry materials (and each component thereof) in favor of the sponsor (and anyone authorized by the sponsor to use such entry materials); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the released parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her entry materials (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
9. PRIZEThere is 1 prize to be won consisting only of the following:
-Round trip economy class flights for the winner and one guest (collectively the travelers) from either Montreal (YUL), Toronto (YYZ) or Vancouver (YVR) airport (at the winner’s discretion) to Vienna, Austria departing between October 15th, 2017 to November 30th, 2017, or April 20th, 2018 to June 15th, 2018 (dates are approximate, exact travel exclusion periods are to be determined by the sponsor)
-One hotel room (standard room, based on double occupancy) for 4 nights in or around the destination at a hotel to be selected by the sponsor.
Each prize is valued at approximately CDN $5,000. Actual value may vary based on prize particulars. The winner is not entitled to any difference between approximate and actual prize value.
10. PRIZE CONDITIONSOn the October 2nd, 2017(the “draw date”) in Montréal, QC at approximately 12 p.m. ET, 1 random draw will be made amongst all eligible entries.
The following terms and conditions apply to any trip prize awarded in this contest.
i) All prize particulars will be determined by the sponsor.
ii) The winner may be required to reserve the trip prize, or complete travel, by a particular date as advised by the sponsors
iii) A prize supplier may require a valid major credit card to be presented by a traveler for deposit or damage protection purposes.
iv) Each prize must be accepted as awarded on the dates indicated and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. The tickets and hotel bookings forming part of each prize are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. The released parties accept no liability whatsoever if a flight or booking, or any portion of the trip, is cancelled, delayed, rescheduled, postponed, sold out or otherwise impacted in any way. The sponsor is not responsible for any additional expenses associated with this prize.
v) Any guest accompanying a confirmed winner must be of the legal age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. In addition, any guest accompanying a confirmed winner may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor, be required to sign and return the sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the released parties relating to his/her participation in the prize.
vi) None of the released parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any prize awarded in connection with the contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner of a prize understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the sponsor or any of the released parties should his/her prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the released parties if his/her prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
vii) All tickets issued in connection with the prize are NOT eligible for frequent flyer miles. Once price and reservations have been confirmed they cannot be changed, save as otherwise determined by the sponsors or prize suppliers.
viii) Travelers are responsible for assuring all required travel documents are valid prior to travel.
ix) The releases are not responsible for: any cancellations; alterations; delays; diversions; or other changes to the trip itinerary; any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any changes to the trip; any damages, loss or liability in the event any traveler is denied ability to travel, due to airport restrictions or otherwise. The sponsor is only responsible for the prize elements listed in the official rules; subject to the terms and conditions contained in these official rules
x) Should the winner(s) attempt opt out of any portion on the prize once awarded, the prize will be deemed forfeited by the winner.
11. ELIGIBLE WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING:On the October 2nd, 2017(the “draw date”) in Montréal, QC at approximately 12 p.m. ET, 1 random draw will be made amongst all eligible entries.
12. ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION:The sponsor or its designated representative will make 3 attempts to contact each eligible winner within 2 business days of the draw date. If an eligible winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days of the draw date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and the sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant for the applicable prize from among the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the applicable procedures outlined in rule 10 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
13. ELIGIBLE WINNER CONFIRMATION:No one is a winner unless and until the sponsor officially confirms him/her as a winner in accordance with these rules, even if such person is announced as the winner or an eligible winner. Before being declared as a confirmed prize winner, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within  business days of notification the sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the released parties from any and all liability in connection with this contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these rules (all as determined by the sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and the sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant for the applicable prize from among the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the applicable procedures outlined in rule 10 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS:This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the sponsor with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Anyone deemed by the sponsor to be in violation of the sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these rules for any reason is subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor at any time.
The released parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website or any platform during the contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry, request, entry materials and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
The sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this contest (or to amend these rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest in any way (as determined by sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the régie in Quebec, to cancel, amend or suspend this contest, or to amend these rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these rules, to the extent deemed necessary by sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, entry, request, entry materials and/or other information with these rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these rules, or for any other reason.
For Quebec residents: any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, the French version of these rules, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these rules given by any representative of the sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules or the rights and obligations of participants, sponsor or any of the other the released parties in connection with the contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these rules or relating to this contest.